These are extremely simple to make and are very filling! Chicken breast comes in at about 170 calories per 100 g. The coating of flour and breadcrumbs add little in the way of calories. Sainsbury’s chicken breasts come in at about 165 g a breast, so about 280 calories each.
- Chicken breast
- Dried breadcrumbs
- Chilli flakes (as much or as little as you like!)
- Lime zest (again, as much or little as you like)
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees Celcius
- Mix equal measures of breadcrumbs and flour, and add the chilli flakes and lime zest
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and coat with beaten egg. Dip the chicken in the breadcrumbs to give them an even coating. Place of a baking tray and put in the oven for 25 mins.
Serve with lots of salad and/or spicy wedges. The breadcrumbs and flour can be replaced with a variety of herbs and spices. To avoid overpowering flavours, first mix the spices with low-fat yoghurt and apply to the chicken without using the egg.