Another example of a quick and easy (and cheap!) recipe. Potatoes come in at about 80 calories per 100 g, but a little bit needs to be added for the oil.
- Spices (see suggestions)
- Vegetable oil (1 teaspoon per 100 g potato – seriously, don’t go nuts with this!)
Spices that we like include:
- Mixed cumin and coriander powder
- Smoked paprika
- Chilli flakes
- Rosemary and finely chopped garlic
But feel free to invent your own, and let us know how you get on!
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Chop the potatoes into wedges and place in a large bowl with the oil and the spices.
- Toss the potatoes until they have an even covering of spices. Place in the oven for about 40 mins, or until they start to go crispy.
Try these with the simple chicken goujons and a big leafy salad. A low calorie oil spray might work well in place of the vegetable oil – but we haven’t tried this yet.